When you hear about Phan Thiet – Mui Ne, you immediately think of seafood! And if you eat seafood in Phan Thiet, the best way to cook it is to grill! In Phan Thiet, seafood is processed in a variety of ways such as hot pot, steamed, pan-fried dishes, stir-fried ….. But grilled food is still a favorite dish of many tourists because it’s quick, fresh and goes well with beer!
Where to buy fresh seafood in Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet Mui Ne has long been known to many tourists as a famous tourist destination with many famous places to eat and visit. Mui Ne not only brings poetic beauty with clear blue beaches but also coconut trees leaning to the sea, endless white sand beaches like the Sahara desert… Mui Ne is also famous for its delicious fresh fish that you can enjoy. You can buy food at the hotel or take it home as a gift. Below PhanThietchill will give a list of places selling fresh Phan Thiet seafood that you can choose from:
Phan Thiet Market
Phan Thiet Market, also known as the big market, is the largest and most famous place to buy and sell seafood in Phan Thiet. Here you can find a lot of seafood such as shrimp, crab, crab … fresh, greasy and freely choose to buy. The prices here are quite reasonable and the sellers are as friendly as in tourist markets.
Phan Thiet seafood is sold here, but the most famous dish in Phan Thiet Market is squid and octopus. Squid here is extremely diverse, such as squid, squid, cuttlefish – reasonable prices, if you have visited Phan Thiet market, it is considered a must-have dish.
In addition to fresh fish, many tourists also buy dried seafood such as crabs, dried squid, and dried shrimp as gifts for their loved ones.
Ham Tien Market
As a market in the resort capital, Ham Tien market is known to many tourists as a place selling fresh seafood, second only to Phan Thiet market. A variety of fresh seafood is available here. If you stroll through the market, you will see countless stalls selling fresh seafood of all kinds such as crabs, fish, scallops, shrimp, etc., with prices that are affordable for both locals and tourists. .
Depending on the freshness and quality of the seafood, there are also 1.2 types, with a corresponding price. If you are a tourist resorting to resorts in the Ham Tien area, Ham Tien Market is a very suitable place to buy fresh seafood for yourself. You can order or make your own as a gift for your loved ones.
Mui Ne Fishing Village
Mui Ne fishing village is considered a beautiful tourist destination and offers a variety of fresh seafood.
Mui Ne fishing village is visited by many tourists to visit and buy seafood. With a coastline of up to 1 km, Mui Ne fishing village is always crowded with fishermen buying and selling seafood. People do not call a fishing village a market because commercial activities here are spontaneous.
Usually early in the morning is the busiest time for fishermen. The morning here will be very cool, especially when the catch comes back, it can be processed on the spot to sell to guests. If you do the Mui Ne Jeep Tour, you can easily combine visiting the fishing village and shopping for seafood.
What to keep in mind when buying Phan Thiet seafood at markets?
As a self-sufficient tourist traveling to Mui Ne, you will not be surprised to find Phan Thiet seafood. Here are some experiences for visitors to buy fresh and delicious seafood.
- To choose fresh seafood, visitors should shop early, preferably before 7am when the ship has just arrived.
- When buying seafood from the market, be aware that there are many different types and sizes.
- Fresh seafood has type 1, type 2, and type 3 with corresponding prices, so you should remember to ask the seller carefully before deciding to buy.
- When Buying Seafood: When you buy fresh crabs, buy them at fish stalls where they can pre-process the seafood so it stays fresh and doesn’t die when you get home.
The secret to buying fresh Phan Thiet seafood
Buy fresh and delicious crab
There are many different types of crabs for visitors to choose from, to choose the freshest crabs, visitors need to keep in mind:
- Do not buy crabs that are too big, but only choose the right size because the meat will be much firmer and tastier.
- If you like to eat bricks, choose to buy female crabs. To distinguish between male and female crabs, you should pay attention to the part of the crab’s bib (which is the triangle below the crab’s abdomen). If the crab is small, it is a male, and if it is large, it is a female.
- And if you like to eat crabs with a lot of meat, you should choose a male because the male meat is very firm.
There are many different types of crabs for visitors to choose from, so visitors should note the following:
- Do not buy crabs that are too big, just choose the right size because the crab meat will be firmer and more delicious.
- If bricks are your thing, buy female crabs. To distinguish male and female crabs, you need to pay attention to the crab’s bib (this is the triangle under the abdomen).
- If you like to eat crabs with a lot of meat, you should choose a male because the meat of the male is very firm.
Buy fresh squid, shrimp and fish
Squid and shrimp are 3 types of seafood that many tourists buy when traveling to Mui Ne because it is quite easy to prepare daily dishes. When choosing fresh fish, squid and shrimp, you should note the following:
- With shrimp, you should buy shrimp with bright white hard shell, head firmly attached to shrimp feces. If the shrimp is milky white or has a loose head, you should not buy it because the shrimp has long died and of course not all are fresh anymore.
- About fish, when choosing fish, you should choose fish with very bright eyes, red or pink gills and glossy body. Gently squeeze the fish body with your hand to feel firm and elastic. This is a sign of fresh fish.
- For squid, especially squid, you should choose large squid, thick meat, milky white and glossy. Then you notice that the meat has recovered a lot, has a light pink color, the ink head is firmly attached to the body, the ink bag is intact, not broken.
Phan Thiet Mui Ne seafood is very diverse and always fresh. This is also what travelers love about their trip. PhanThietchill wishes you an interesting experience and love this land more